- 120 g (4 oz) unsalted butter – softened
- 100 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 60 g (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 70 g (1/2 cup) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 35 g (1/4 cup) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a stand mixer, food processor or with a hand mixer cream sugar and softened butter together.
- Add almond meal, coconut, flour and salt and pulse or blend until combined.
- Beat the eggs with the vanilla extract and add to the mixture. Pulse or blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Use as a base for fruit pies as with traditional almond frangipane.
Borrowed from the recipe for a gorgeous pineapple coconut frangipane tart by Trang of https://wildwildwhisk.com/pineapple-coconut-frangipane-tart/. See the site for many amazing recipes.